Available on both Twitter and Facebook, one of Amex‘s latest social media deals should have widespread appeal: Get a one-time $5 credit the next time you spend at least $25 at a Shell gas station.
To participate through Twitter:
- Sync your Amex with Twitter (see instructions here)
- Tweet using hashtag #AmexShell
- After you’ve received an “@ reply” message from @amexsync stating that this offer has been added to your card (you can see this message on the “@ Connect” page under “Mentions”), use your synced Amex to make a single purchase of $25 or more at Shell by 7/31/12.
Full terms of the offer can be found here.
Alternatively, you can sign up for this offer through Facebook and Amex’s “Link, Like, Love” app:
- Sync your Amex with Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com/americanexpress, going to the “Link > Like > Love” page and launching the app. (Note: You will need to grant the app access to your profile.)
- Once your card is synced, the “Link > Like > Love” app should show the Shell offer. Click the “Add to Card” button.
- Spend at least $25 by 7/31/12 at Shell with your synced Amex to redeem the offer
While you’re in the “Link > Like > Love” app, you should also notice other offers, including many from local businesses. A few of the more notable national offers currently include:
|Movietickets.com||Spend $20 or more, get $10 back||7/31/12|
|Ticketmaster.com||Spend $75 or more, get $25 back||7/31/12|
|Foot Locker||Spend $100 or more, get $20 back||8/31/12|
Some recently added Twitter deals:
|Provincetown, MA||Get $20 back after spending $20 in Provincetown, MA||#AmexPtown||7/1/12-8/18/12|
|Ticketmaster.com||Get $25 back after spending $75||#AmexTM25||7/3/12-7/31/12|
|Frontrunner||Get $20 back after spending $100||#AmexFrontrunner||7/2/12-10/2/12|
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured on this site ("Advertiser"). Any opinions, analysis, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser's affiliate programs.
Want to keep up with the latest credit card deals?
- Another Twitter / Amex Deal: Get $50 Back After Spending $100 at TicketMaster.com - March 13, 2012
- Amex Sync with Facebook: Get $25 Back After $100+ Purchase at Costco.com - October 31, 2012
- Get $5 Back on $5+ Purchase at McDonald’s, Plus More Amex Twitter Deals - September 11, 2012