What will they think of next? American Express has already partnered with major social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare to offer coupon-less special deals to cardmembers. Now, they are looking to break new ground by introducing similar offers on Microsoft’s Xbox gaming console platform.
To encourage cardmembers to try out this new service, American Express cardmembers will automatically receive a $10
statement credit just for linking their Amex to their Xbox Live gamertag. To sync your card, you can follow these steps:
- Visit amexbox.com
- Register your eligible American Express Card to get a unique Access Code
- Enter the Access Code on your Xbox LIVE-enabled console to sync your American Express Card
The following video summarizes this process:
In addition to the $10 statement credit, these other offers are also currently available after you have synced your card:
- Get a $25 statement credit when you spend $50 or more at PacSun
- Get a $5 statement credit when you spend $10 or more at AMC Theaters
American Express is also seeking to integrate its offers within Xbox content. To that end, Amex has worked with Microsoft to plant in-game achievements in Halo 4 that unlock more offers. For instance:
- When you complete a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty, you’ll unlock an offer to get $50 statement credit after spending $100 or more at Best Buy
- When you complete the campaign on normal difficulty or harder, you’ll receive a $25 statement credit
- If you are one of the first 25 people in the US or one of the first 5 people in the UK to complete the campaign solo on Legendary difficulty, you’ll unlock a trip to attend E3 2012
While no specifics are yet available, Amex and Microsoft also promise to eventually explore expanding their integration to cover other aspects of the Xbox platform, including streaming or music. It’s also reasonable to expect that Amex will look at making similar partnerships with other gaming platforms in the future.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured on this site ("Advertiser"). Any opinions, analysis, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser's affiliate programs.
Want to keep up with the latest credit card deals?
- More Amex / Twitter Deals: Discounted Products from Amazon, Sony, Urban Zen and Xbox - February 13, 2013
- Amex: Get $20 Back After Spending $100 at ShopRite + Restaurant Week Offers - July 11, 2012
- Free Costco Membership for Select Amex Gold Cardmembers - January 12, 2010