FW strikes again, pointing out another targeted double points promo. Sign up by June 30 and receive double membership points on almost every purchase between May 1 and June 30, 2006. There’s no fee to sign up.
Direct links to this promotion:
There’s a couple of new threads on FatWallet about these cards. The cards themselves aren’t new, but it’s worth pointing them out, as they potentially have their niche uses:
MBNA Home AdvantageSM American Express® Card:
- No Annual Fee
- Introductory 0% APR for Cash Advance Checks and Balance Transfers through your first twelve billing cycles.*
- Earn one Point for every $1 in net retail purchases
- Earn five Points for every $1 in net retail purchases at select home-product merchants, such as The Home Depot®, Linens ‘n Things, Pier 1®, and theKitchenStore.com®
- Redeem Points for payments toward your mortgage- at a rate of 1% of every net retail purchase
- Redeem Points for air travel, name-brand merchandise, gift certificates at popular retailers, and cash
Unfortunately, the five Points for every $1 is only offered for your first six months. As FW notes:
…Unlike the 5% gas station, supermarket, and Drugstore cards out there which are dependent on Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX coding this card actually determines the 5X points based on the merchants MBNA decides are eligable to participate. It could be a good card though for at least 6 months for those who make a lot of purchases from Home Depot. Since if you were to spend $10,000 on a home improvement project you would net 50,000 points which pretty much is a ticket to Europe or $500 CashBack or $500 towards your mortgage. Also the interest rate is reasonable at 7.9% Fixed.
Bank of America Pets Reward Visa:
- Put your pet’s picture on your card or choose from one of three adorable designs
- Low introductory annual percentage rate (APR) on all purchases and balance transfers for the first six billing cycles1
- Earn 500 bonus PetRewards Points after your first purchase
- No annual fee
- Earn two PetRewards Points for each dollar you spend at participating veterinary clinics, pet retailers, farm and feed and neighborhood pet specialty stores.
- Earn one point for each net retail dollar you spend on all other everyday purchases using your PetRewards Card.
- Redeem PetRewards points for pet food discounts, veterinary care savings and animal shelter donations.
As pointed out by this thread at FW:
It is a 2% card or 4% depending on the purchases. You earn 1 point for regular purchases and 2 points at participating pet food stores, vetinary clinics, and certain other locations. The redemption schedule though is 1,000 points = $20 for vetinary care.
The bottom line? This only seems like a useful card if you either 1) really want a credit card with your dog’s picture on it, or 2) you spend a lot on your pet. Since many pet purchases can be made at supermarkets where you can earn 5% with many cards, it severely reduces the utility of the card.
Here’s another offer for the AMEX Business Gold, this time offering a cash incentive and a low spending threshold, as reported by FW:
- Get a $50 statement credit when you spend $100 until August 31, 2006*
- Fee-free for your first year — a savings of $125
- Bonus $50.00 applies to any purchase over $100.00 made between 4/24/06 and 8/31/06, and will appear as a statement credit on your Card account. The maximum credit available is $50.00 per account.
In addition, you can earn bonus points during your first year:
- 5,000 bonus points with your first purchase, to welcome you as a Cardmember
- 5,000 bonus points as a thank-you for reaching $20,000 in spending
- 20,000 more bonus points for reaching $50,000 in spending
- 10,000 additional bonus points for your one-year Card renewal
The direct link to this offer is here. AMEX have been sending out some targeted invitations in the recent past to people offering up to 50,000 points for making only three charges on this card, so this offer pales in comparison to that, but has the advantage of not being targeted.
The latest Citi offer code that gives you a 0% APR balance transfer for 12 months and $100 gift card is F5D5, as reported by FW:
0% BT until 5/1/07. There is no balance transfer fee with this offer.
No Annual Fee.
You also receive 10,000 bonus ThankYou Points after first purchase made within 3 months of becoming a cardmember. Redeem for your choice of a $100 gift card.
Apply online or call by 6/30/06
Offer Code: F5D5
For this week only, American Express is offering 8 one-of-a-kind travel packages up for auction, exclusively to their Cardmembers. Every day, Cardmembers have the chance to bid on a different dream vacation package. In addition, there are a limited quantity of fixed-price “Buy Now” luxury packages, featuring unique accomodations and activities.
Full details of this promotion can be found at http://www.mylifemycard.com/goingonce.
The most complete description of this offer is located in this thread at FW. Note, however, that this deal is no longer available online. You will have to call in with the invitation codes specified in this thread at FT. In short:
- Apply for the Platinum Business Premium Cash Rebate Card at 866-764-2177, using one of the following RSVP codes (Note: It’s unclear whether these codes still work):
- Receive $250 statement credit after your first purchase
- If, 6-8 weeks after your first purchase, you haven’t received your $250 statement credit, call AMEX Open Customer Service mentioning the following “Promotional Code Offer ID” you applied for:
- Promotional Code Offer ID: E341-0001
- Phone #: 1-800-492-3344
- You may need to mention the RSVP # as well.
Due to the high levels of interest in this promotion, AMEX may attempt to validate that you indeed have a small business.
If you are eligible and can get this promotion, it is definitely one of the best credit card signup deals of all time.
Targeted American Express Cardmembers can earn double Membership Rewards Points when they enroll for this special offer.
- Enroll today. Simply visit americanexpress.com/doublepoints76. There’s no additional fee to take advantage of this special offer.
- Earn Points. You can earn double points for virtually every dollar you spend from April through September.
See the terms and conditions at americanexpress.com/doublepoints76 for complete details of this offer. You can also call 800-419-7385 to participate. You must enroll by April 30, 2006.
If you are not eligible for this particular offer, American Express also currently has a number of similar offers. Most have terms that are not as favorable as doublepoints76, however. They are usually either for shorter periods of time or require a certain amount of monthly spending before you start earning double points. For example, americanexpress.com/doublepoints79 also offers double points from April to September, but only on amounts over $1,000 in monthly spending. americanexpress.com/doublepoints12 instead offers double points from April to June 2006.
A list of other double points offers is also included below: