This offer was reported at FW. Card benefits include:
- Receive a $50 Statement Credit after qualifying transactions
- 0% introductory Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on balance transfers and cash advance checks for your first 12 billing cycles†
- Redeem your points for travel, merchandise, gift certificates, and cash
- Earn 1 point for every net retail purchase dollar
- Redemption levels start as low as 2,500 Points
- No annual fee
The offer may be available after you log out of your Bank of America online account. Alternatively, you can use this link.
The noteworthy aspect of this offer is the $50 statement credit. According to the fine print, the qualifying transaction you need for the $50 is simply any transaction within the first 45 days of opening the account.
The other benefits are standard for the card. The 0% balance transfer offer is not that attractive since it comes with a 3% fee that is uncapped. As such, this offer is primarily useful for someone who was already in the market for this card.
When you apply for a Bank of America or MBNA credit card online between now and July 28, 2006, you’ll have the opportunity to enter into a drawing to choose from one of four vacation packages:
- America’s Cup Racing Experience
6-day/5-night adventure for two in St. Maarten, including air, hotel and a half-day sail on a former America’s Cup boat
- Viva Las Vegas
6-day/5-night New Year’s Eve celebration for two in Las Vegas, including air, accommodations, $5,000 spending money and more.
- Sandals Resort Getaway
7-day/6-night getaway for two to any Sandals Signature All-Inclusive Resort, including air, a 50-minute couples massage and more.
- Greek Island Cruise Experience
8-day/7-night charter for two in the Greek Islands, including air, cabin accommodations, exclusive use of yacht and more.
You’ll also be entered in an instant win game where 1,000 Canon PowerShot A530 Digital Cameras and 1,000 Travel World Clock/Calculators will be given away.
For more information, see the official rules.
This offer will only appeal to Jets fans, or those who don’t mind being identified as one, as the iPod will be engraved with the Jets logo. As reported by B$:
Get an Apple 1GB iPod Nano with Jets engraving with your first qualifying transaction(s) using your Jets Extra Points™ credit card from MBNA.
To qualify for this offer, your new account must be used to make any combination of purchase or cash advance transactions (including balance transfers) totaling at least $100 within 90 days of the date the account is opened by MBNA (exclusive of transaction fees, if any). Limit one (1) item per new account. Supplies are limited. Allow 8-12 weeks for delivery after qualifying. Offer sponsored by MBNA: we may substitute an item of equal or greater value and we are not responsible for lost, stolen or undelivered merchandise. Apple is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.
The direct link to the application for this promo is here.
There’s a couple of new threads on FatWallet about these cards. The cards themselves aren’t new, but it’s worth pointing them out, as they potentially have their niche uses:
MBNA Home AdvantageSM American Express® Card:
- No Annual Fee
- Introductory 0% APR for Cash Advance Checks and Balance Transfers through your first twelve billing cycles.*
- Earn one Point for every $1 in net retail purchases
- Earn five Points for every $1 in net retail purchases at select home-product merchants, such as The Home Depot®, Linens ‘n Things, Pier 1®, and theKitchenStore.com®
- Redeem Points for payments toward your mortgage- at a rate of 1% of every net retail purchase
- Redeem Points for air travel, name-brand merchandise, gift certificates at popular retailers, and cash
Unfortunately, the five Points for every $1 is only offered for your first six months. As FW notes:
…Unlike the 5% gas station, supermarket, and Drugstore cards out there which are dependent on Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX coding this card actually determines the 5X points based on the merchants MBNA decides are eligable to participate. It could be a good card though for at least 6 months for those who make a lot of purchases from Home Depot. Since if you were to spend $10,000 on a home improvement project you would net 50,000 points which pretty much is a ticket to Europe or $500 CashBack or $500 towards your mortgage. Also the interest rate is reasonable at 7.9% Fixed.
Bank of America Pets Reward Visa:
- Put your pet’s picture on your card or choose from one of three adorable designs
- Low introductory annual percentage rate (APR) on all purchases and balance transfers for the first six billing cycles1
- Earn 500 bonus PetRewards Points after your first purchase
- No annual fee
- Earn two PetRewards Points for each dollar you spend at participating veterinary clinics, pet retailers, farm and feed and neighborhood pet specialty stores.
- Earn one point for each net retail dollar you spend on all other everyday purchases using your PetRewards Card.
- Redeem PetRewards points for pet food discounts, veterinary care savings and animal shelter donations.
As pointed out by this thread at FW:
It is a 2% card or 4% depending on the purchases. You earn 1 point for regular purchases and 2 points at participating pet food stores, vetinary clinics, and certain other locations. The redemption schedule though is 1,000 points = $20 for vetinary care.
The bottom line? This only seems like a useful card if you either 1) really want a credit card with your dog’s picture on it, or 2) you spend a lot on your pet. Since many pet purchases can be made at supermarkets where you can earn 5% with many cards, it severely reduces the utility of the card.
Now there’s no excuse to visit the museum. According to CardTrak, in the month of May, people who show a Bank of America ATM, check or credit card or MBNA credit card can visit participating museums with a guest for free.
It’s called the “Museums On Us” program and although it’s restricted to 56 participating museums across the Northeast US, it seems like a great program for those who can take advantage. Full details can be found at http://www.bankofamericapromotions.com/museums/.