Credit Card Deals Roundup
After a slow start to the year, American Express has really stepped up the number of new “Amex Offers” (previously known as “Amex Sync” deals) this month. Currently, there are nearly 20 active deals that American Express cardmembers can take advantage of through Twitter, including just-added offers from Diesel, Godiva and Seasons 52, among others. In addition, Citi and Discover have also announced a few promos for existing cardmembers. Read on to get the details.
Active Amex Offers include:
|BP||Get $5 back after spending $30||#AmexBP||4/1/14-5/31/14|
|City Sports||Get $20 back after spending $100||#AmexCitySports||3/7/14-4/30/14|
|The Company Store||Get $50 back after spending $250||#AmexCoStore||4/11/14-6/6/14|
|Crate & Barrel / CB2||Get $10 back after spending $50||#AmexCrateBarrel||4/1/14-5/22/14|
|Diesel||Get $50 back after spending $150||#AmexDiesel||4/14/14-5/31/14|
|Elie Tahari||Get $75 back after spending $300||#AmexElieTahari||3/19/14-4/30/14|
|Godiva||Get $7.50 back after spending $50||#AmexGODIVA||4/16/14-5/15/14|
|Hampton Hotels||Get $25 back after spending $150||#AmexHampton||3/21/14-5/31/14|
|Henri Bendel||Get $50 back after spending $200||#AmexHenriBendel||4/11/14-4/29/14|
|Jason Wu Studio||Get $200 back after spending $700||#AmexJasonWu||2/3/14-4/30/14|
|Lowe’s||Get $10 back after spending $50||#AmexLowes||4/1/14-5/31/14|
|MAKE UP FOR EVER||Get $25 back after spending $100||#AMEXMAKEUPFOREV||4/14/14-6/7/14|
|Petco||Get $5 back after spending $25||#AmexPetco||3/24/14-6/16/14|
|PetSmart||Get $5 back after spending $25||#AmexPetSmart||4/1/14-4/30/14|
|Pet Valu||Get $15 back after spending $75||#AmexPetValu||4/1/14-6/30/14|
|Seasons 52||Get $10 back after spending $50||#AmexSeasons52||4/16/14-5/28/14|
|Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes||Get $5 back after spending $25||#AmexSoup||4/1/14-6/30/14|
|Zappos||Get $30 back after spending $150||#AmexZappos||4/1/14-5/31/14|
To sign up for any of these offers through Twitter:
- First, you’ll need to connect or “sync” your eligible American Express Card with Twitter (See instructions here or read this post if you’re completely new to Twitter)
- Tweet using the appropriate hashtag for the promotion
- Wait to receive an “@ reply” message from @AmexOffers stating that the offer has been added to your card. You’ll see this message on the “Notifications” page under “Interactions.” You may need to wait a while before it shows up.
- Finally, use your synced Amex to make an eligible purchase during the offer period.
Note that these offers may also be available in your American Express online account. So, if you don’t have a Twitter account already and don’t want to create one, you can login to your account and look under the “Offers For You” tab. Alternatively, these offers may also be available on Facebook at https://apps.facebook.com/amexlinklikelove/.
Through April 30, 2014, Citi is offering American Express Platinum cardmembers (who just recently lost American Airlines Admirals Club access) complimentary One-Day Passes to any Admirals Club lounge or US Airways Club. To receive a complimentary pass, travelers must meet with a Citi Ambassador at the lounge entrance and show their Platinum Card.
- Through December 31, 2014, earn 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $200 at Six Flags when you use your Discover More or Discover it card. Read more details here.
- In celebration of Mother’s Day, through May 11, 2014, Discover cardmembers can earn an extra bonus when they use their Discover card at ShopDiscover.com, Discover’s online shopping portal:
- ProFlowers – 25% Cashback Bonus
- Clinique – 10% Cashback Bonus
- Godiva – 10% Cashback Bonus
- Macy’s – 10% Cashback Bonus
- jcpenney – 15% Cashback Bonus
- In celebration of “Dads and Grads,” from May 15 through June 15, 2014, ShopDiscover.com will offer the following bonuses:
- Brookstone – 20% Cashback Bonus
- Dell Consumer – 10% Cashback Bonus
- Sears – 10% Cashback Bonus
- The Sports Authority – 10% Cashback Bonus
- Toshiba – 10% Cashback Bonus