As usual, American Express is offering a variety of promos for existing cardholders, offering statement credit for spending on everything from plane tickets to hotel stays to local small businesses. Here’s a list of 6 current deals:
1. Buy a Delta ticket for $300 or more to select destinations, get a $50 Amex gift card (expires 11/15/12)
Register your American Express card by November 15, 2012, then pay for your flight of at least $300 to San Juan, Puerto Rico and Santo Domingo or Santiago, Dominican Republic at delta.com for travel completed by December 1, 2012 to receive a $50 American Express gift card. For full details or to register your card, see this link.
2. Spend at least $50 at vente-privee.com using a Citi American Express card, receive a $25 statement credit (expires 9/30/12)
Register your Citi Amex and spend at least $50 at vente-privee.com, an online shopping portal from American Express featuring top designer brands, and receive a $25 statement credit. For details or to register your Citi Amex, see this link.
3. Spend $300 or more on an AeroMexico flight, get 12% back (expires 9/30/12)
Register your American Express card, then book a flight from the US on AeroMexico for at least $300 by September 30, 2012 at aeromexico.com with your registered card and get 12% of your flight cost back as a statement credit. For details, see this link.
4. Get $100 each time you spend $1,000 on Scandinavian Airlines (expires 11/30/12)
First register your Amex by 11/30/12, then use that card to book a European trip on Scandinavian Airlines. Each time you spend $1,000, you’ll receive a $100 statement credit–up to $300. See this link for details and to register.
5. Save 10-15% off a room at an MGM Resort in Las Vegas, plus get $40 to $100 statement credit (expires 9/26/12)
There are actually 3 separate offers available:
- Save 10% + get $40 statement credit to pay for your stay of $300 or more in a single transaction by 9/26/12 – valid at Monte Carlo, New York New York, Luxor, Excalibur or Circus Circus
- Save 15% + get a $70 statement credit when you charge at least $600 to your room, including the cost of your stay by 9/26/12 – valid at Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel or The Mirage
- Save 15% + get a $100 statement credit when you charge at least $800 to your room, including the cost of your stay by 9/26/12 – valid at ARIA or Bellagio
6. Spend $20 or more at a qualifying business in Raleigh, Cummings, Carol Stream, Anaheim, Staten Island, get $20 back (valid 9/26/12-10/7/12)
American Express recently concluded its second annual Big Break for Small Business contest, a program designed to help small business owners ramp up their social media marketing. To help celebrate the 5 winning small businesses, Amex is offering a $20 statement credit when you spend at least $20 at a qualifying business that is local to each of the winners. To register for this promo, see the following links:
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Cummings, Georgia
- Carol Stream, Illinois
- Anaheim, California
- Staten Island, New York
Note that even if you don’t live in or near one of these areas, if you can find a qualifying business that sells online, you can still take advantage of the promo.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured on this site ("Advertiser"). Any opinions, analysis, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser's affiliate programs.
Want to keep up with the latest credit card deals?
- Regional American Express Deals Roundup - June 18, 2012
- Small Business Saturday Returns – Get $25 for Spending $25 at a Small Business on Nov. 24 - November 12, 2012
- Amex Cardmembers: Get a Free $25 While Supporting Small Business - November 2, 2011