Chase just announced a number of changes to its Hyatt Credit Card offer, most of them for the better. While you now must spend at least $1,000 within your first 3 months of cardmembership to earn 2 free nights (as opposed to earning your free nights after just a single purchase), you’ll now earn 2x points for every $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline and at car rental agencies.
Cardmembers will now also be able to earn status faster by receiving 2 stay and 5 night credits towards Diamond status when they spend $20,000 during the calendar year, and an additional 3 stay and 5 night credits when they spend $40,000 during the calendar year.
With these changes, the Hyatt Credit Card now features the following benefits for a $75 annual fee:
- 2 Free Nights at Hyatt properties worldwide after spending $1,000 within the first three months from account opening
- Existing Platinum members will earn 2 suite upgrades in addition to the 2 free award nights
- Existing Diamond members will earn 2 award nights in a suite
- No foreign transaction fees
- EMV chip-and-signature technology
- Earn 3 Hyatt Gold Passport points for every $1 spent at Hyatt
- Earn 2 Hyatt Gold Passport points for every $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline and at car rental agencies
- Earn 1 Hyatt Gold Passport point for every $1 spent everywhere else
- Earn 2 stay and 5 night credits toward Diamond status when you spend $20,000 in a calendar year and an additional 3 stay and 5 night credits when you spend $40,000 in a calendar year
- Receive automatic Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum membership – and maintain Platinum status as long as you are a cardholder. Platinum benefits include:
- 15% point bonus on each stay
- The best room available within the category booked
- Complimentary Internet service
- Expedited check-in at a dedicated area for members
- Guaranteed 72-hour room availability
- Receive 1 Free Night in any Category 1-4 property every year on your cardholder anniversary
- No limits on points earned
Want to keep up with the latest credit card deals?
- Chase Enhances Hyatt Card Benefits, Adds EMV Chip Technology - March 1, 2012
- Hyatt Introduces Its First Ever Credit Card: Get 2 Free Nights at Any Hyatt Hotel - September 3, 2010
- Fairmont Visa Signature Card: Get 2 Free Nights At Any Fairmont Hotel and Earn Status Faster - May 10, 2012