Barclays is celebrating Super Bowl XLVII by offering 40,000 bonus points worth $400 in statement credit after you spend $2,500 within the first 90 days of opening a new NFL Extra Points Credit Card. This deal isn’t quite as good as when it was previously offered with a minimum spending requirement of only $1,000, but it’s still a “super” offer.
As before, the signup bonus is pretty much the only compelling reason to get the card, unless you are a die-hard NFL fan and want to take advantage of some of the exclusive NFL rewards, such as locker room or sidelines access, that are available when you have enough points.
The card’s benefits include:
- 2 points per $1 spent at NFLShop.com, team pro-shops and at the stadium
- 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else
- Get 20% off at NFLShop.com
- No interest financing on season and game ticket purchases of $500 or more
Points can be redeemed for football rewards or are worth 1% cash back as statement credit. There is no annual fee for the card.
For more info or to apply, see this link.
Atlanta Falcons Baltimore Ravens Buffalo Bills Cincinnati Bengals Cleveland Browns Denver Broncos Detroit Lions Green Bay Packers Indianapolis Colts Minnesota Vikings New England Patriots New Orleans Saints Oakland Raiders Philadelphia Eagles Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Buccaneers Washington Redskins
Update 2/5/13: It seems that Barclays has pulled nearly all of these links with the 40,000 points for $1,000 offer. The only two that seem to still be working as of 2/5 are for the Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots cards.
Want to keep up with the latest credit card deals?
- Barclays NFL Extra Points Credit Card – $400 Signup Bonus - September 27, 2012
- Citi ThankYou Premier Card: 50,000 Bonus Points Worth $665 in Airfare - June 10, 2011
- Correction: New Priceline Visa Offer with $100 Sign-up Bonus Only Earns 1 Point/Dollar on General Spending - April 5, 2013