Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card: 50,000 Points After First Use
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards credit card is currently offering 50,000 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points after you use your card for the first time, redeemable for a free one-night stay at over 60 Tier 1-3 Ritz-Carlton locations. Or, you can take advantage of the interchangeability of Ritz-Carlton and Marriott points and redeem the 50,000 points for 3 nights at a Tier 3 Marriott hotel.
The card also offers the luxury traveler a number of other excellent benefits, including:
- Automatic Gold Elite status in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards your first year. Gold Elite membership offers a 25% bonus on your points, free high-speed internet access and complimentary room upgrades subject to availability. Your status can also be used at Marriott hotels to enjoy all Marriott Gold Elite benefits. The card also allows you to maintain your Gold Elite status by spending at least $10,000 per year.
- A $100 hotel credit on each stay of 2 nights or longer that can be used towards your choice of dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities.
- Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club Level three times per year, with each stay up to 7 nights, subject to availability. As the difference in price between a regular room and a Club level room can be $100-200/night, this is a very valuable benefit.
- $200 airline incidentals credit. Each year, you can be reimbursed up to $200 for baggage fees, in-flight meals, charter transportation or other air travel-related expenses when you use your card. Simply contact J.P. Morgan Priority Services within 4 billing cycles of your purchases to receive statement credit, up to $200 per year.
- Complimentary airport lounge access with Priority Pass™ Select, granting you access to over 600 airport lounges worldwide.
- No foreign transaction fees
In addition, you’ll earn 5 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent at The Ritz-Carlton hotels, 2 points per $1 spent on airfare, car rentals and dining and 1 point per $1 on all other card purchases.
Standard hotel rewards range from 30,000 points/night required for a Tier 1 hotel to 70,000 points/night for a Tier 5 hotel, but there are a few ways to make your points go further. Similar to Starwood’s program, when you use your points to reserve a 5 night stay, the fifth night is free. And under the PointSaver program, when you book your reservation during select dates at participating hotels, you can also save up to 33%. PointSaver rewards start at 20,000 points/night for a Tier 1 hotel and go up to 60,000 points/night for a Tier 5 hotel.
The card does carry a hefty $395 annual fee, which is not waived for the first year. It still can be a compelling option if you are a frequent guest at Ritz or Marriott hotels. To apply or to get more info, see theritzcarltonrewardscard.com.