Virgin Atlantic Amex: Up to 40,000 Bonus Flying Club Miles and Access to Perks that are Literally Out of this World
Virgin Atlantic Airlines just announced the release of its new credit card with potential rewards that include a trip into outer space on Virgin Galactic. The Virgin Atlantic American Express Card from Bank of America comes in two versions: the black card, which carries a higher annual fee ($90) and more opportunities to earn bonus miles, and the white card, which has a lower annual fee ($49). Both cards also offer an intro 0% on purchases and balance transfers, though BTs are assessed a 3% fee with no cap.
Other benefits of the Black Card include:
- 3 miles per dollar spent on Virgin Atlantic purchases
- 1.5 miles per dollar spent on other purchases
- 20,000 bonus miles after your first purchase
- Up to 15,000 bonus miles every anniversary, depending upon your spending
- Up to 5,000 bonus miles when you add additional Cardmembers to your account*
- Earn credit towards Flying Club Gold elite status with one tier point for every $2,500 in purchases and additional tier points when flying Virgin Atlantic
- 10 percent off published Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy fares through December 31, 2008
Cardmembers are also eligible for for bonus redemption opportunities: When you spend at least $25,000 in a year and redeem miles for an Economy reward ticket, you can get a second reward ticket for half the miles.
In addition, through the end of January 2009, cardmembers will earn an entry into a sweepstakes for a trip into space on Virgin Galactic for every $10,000 spent.
To learn more about these cards, see these links: