Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard: Up to 90,000 Miles Signup Bonus
The Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard, issued by Bank of America, is currently offering up to 90,000 bonus miles when you sign up for a new card. That’s the best offer yet for this card since it was introduced a year ago. Under this promo, you’ll earn 20,000 Flying Club bonus miles after your first purchase, another 50,000 Flying Club bonus miles after you spend at least $12,000 in qualifying purchases within 6 months of your account open date, up to 15,000 additional bonus miles upon your anniversary and up to 5,000 more miles when you add authorized users to your card.
Additional benefits of the Virgin Atlantic Black Card include:
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent directly on Virgin Atlantic purchases
- Earn 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn one tier point per $2,500 in purchases (maximum of 2 per month) so you earn status faster
- Complimentary Regus businessworld gold membership worth $300 — you’ll also receive receive two complimentary vouchers for a free private office for the day, worth up to $150, to use at any Regus business center worldwide.
- Spend at least $25,000 in purchases in a year and redeem miles for a Virgin Atlantic Economy reward ticket and get a second reward ticket for half the miles
Redeeming your miles
To give you an idea of what 90,000 miles are worth, you can redeem 35,000 miles for a round-trip ticket in Economy from East Coast cities such as Atlanta, Boston, NYC and Washington DC to the UK. From the West Coast to the UK, it’s about 42,500 miles for a economy round-trip ticket. You’re still responsible for taxes and fees, which are around $500, which, while steep, are less than what you would pay with British Airways, for example. For more details, see Virgin Atlantic’s redemption schedule.
Virgin Atlantic also has a number of airline partners where you can use these miles, including Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Cyprus Airways, Delta, Gulf Air, Hawaiian Airlines, Jet Airways, Malaysia Airlines, SAS, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Virgin America and Virgin Australia.
The card does have an annual fee of $90, which is not waived.
For more info or to apply for this offer, see this link.