Year-End Credit Card Offers Checklist
As the end of the year approaches, so too does the end date for a number of credit card deals and offers. Have you taken advantage of all of the deals that are available to you?
Make sure you’re not leaving any money on the table and run through our checklist of credit card deals or benefits expiring soon, as well as a few reminders and tips that are especially relevant as the calendar year comes to a close.
- Visa Checkout offers
- Chase Freedom: Get $15 off $15+ when you pay with Visa Checkout. This promo is basically a free $15 for Chase Freedom cardholders just for using Visa Checkout.
- Have you used your $20 savings code at Best Buy from the Visa Checkout/Best Buy deal? The code expires Dec. 24.
- Amex Offers (Note: Most, but not all, of these offers have already reached max enrollment and are only currently available to those who signed up for these promos previously.)
- Amazon – Get $15 back after spending $60
- Newegg.com – Get $25 back after spending $200+. Note: You can satisfy this spending requirement by purchasing 2 different $100 Visa gift cards. With purchase and shipping fees, and after statement credit, you will still net around $190.
- Best Buy – Get $20 back after spending $199+
- Amex Gift Cards – Get $10 back after spending $200+. You can combine this offer with the free overnight shipping code FREESHIP so that you only need to pay the activation fee.
- Sports Authority – Spend $50+, get $10 back
- Orchard Supply Hardware – Spend $50+, get $10 back
- Dunkin Donuts – Spend $10+, Get $5 back
- Orvis – Spend $50+, Get $10 back
- Cole Haan – SPend $200+, Get $50 back
- Toys R Us & Babies R Us – Spend $25+, Get $5 back
- Regal Entertainment Group – Spend $30+, Get $10 back
- Uber – Spend $20+, Get $10 back
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Spend $25+, Get $5 back
- JCPenney, Spend $50+, get $10 back
- California Pizza Kitchen – Spend $40+, get $10 back
- Warby Parker – Spend $95+, get $20 back
- Dell.com – Spend $599+, get $100 back
- Airbnb – Spend $100+, get $50 back
- delivery.com – Spend $25+, get $5 back
- Sur La Table – Spend $50+, get $10 back
- Samsonite – Spend $150+, get $30 back
- Carter’s & Oshkosh B’gosh – Spend $25+, get $5 back
- Diapers.com – Spend $50+, get $10 back
- THE OUTNET.COM – Spend $250+, get $50 back
- Undercover Tourist – Spend $150+, get $30 back
- Does your credit card reimburse you for airline fees? If so, have you used your annual credit? Examples of cards with this benefit are the Amex Preferred Rewards Gold card, Amex Platinum, Citi Prestige and Chase Ritz Carlton, among others.
- Have you maxed out the Discover/Apple Pay promo? – Earn an extra 10-20% cashback bonus on up to $10,000 of in-store purchases.
- Have you signed up for the Q1 2016 rotating bonus categories? If you haven’t done so already, check out the rotating quarterly bonus calendar for 2016.
- Do you run a small business? If so, you could potentially save on your tax bill by prepaying expenses with your credit card before the end of the year
Know any other year-end money saving credit card tips or tricks? Let us know in the comments.