This tidbit comes from our friends at FT. American Express is now offering a business version of their popular SPG Amex. It looks to feature largely the same benefits as the personal card, namely a 10000 points signup bonus, and one Starpoint per dollar of spending which is doubled at participating Starwood properties. There are a couple of differences, however:
- As part of the OPEN Savings Program, there are some discounts at select retailers such as AT&T, FedEx and Hertz
- According to the linked thread from FT, as a business card, the Purchase protection has a lower per instance limit, but offers Primary CDW for rental cars in the US
As with the personal card, there is a $30 annual fee, which is waived for the first year. To apply, visit this link.
Edit: The terms for this offer may have changed. For the latest terms of the SPG business card or to apply, see this link.
From FT, the United MP Visa is now offering 25000 miles after you spend $250, and is waiving the first year’s annual fee. 25000 Mileage Plus miles are enough for a free round-trip ticket within the USA and Canada. This offer is good for both the personal and business versions of the card.
Edited 10/22/2010: The offer above has expired. To view the current United Mileage Plus promos, see the following links:
Credit to FW:
Enroll today and use your Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express in October and November and earn 25% more miles on all eligible purchases.
Enrollment required by 11/30/06. If you prefer to enroll by phone, please call 1-800-653-6051.
Note that if you’re already enrolled in a Double Miles program, you’ll continue to earn double miles. To view all the fine print or to enroll, see this link.
ATA just sent me an email describing the launch of its new ATA Airlines Visa® Card on October 26. To promote the card, they are offering 6000 Bonus Travel Award points, which is enough for a free domestic roundtrip ticket, when you pre-register for the application, get approved, and make a purchase. You must pre-register between September 6, 2006 and October 25, 2006 to be eligible for the bonus points.
The card itself has the following features:
- Low Intro APR for 6 Months on Balance Transfers
- Priority Boarding***
- Annual Companion Certificate
- Low Annual Fee
You can pre-register at this link.
A really great credit card got just a bit better. As reported by FT, American Express is expanding the benefits of the SPG Amex. Effective October 1, 2006:
– You will receive one additional Starpoint for each US dollar of Eligible Spending charged on your Card Account at Starwood branded hotels and resorts then participating in the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program, and at standalone retail establishments and online stores that, in each case, are wholly-owned by Starwood.
– If during eny calendar year Eligible Spending on your Card Account is $30,000 or more, you will be enrolled for at least 12 months in the Gold Preferred Guest level of the SPG loyalty program. Please allow 12 to 16 weeks [for this benefit to take effect]. . .
This offer is targetted to solicited Delta SkyMiles card holders:
Give your miles a boost in September and get to your next Delta reward flight even faster. Use your Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express from September 1 to September 30, 2006 to pay for all your purchases and earn double miles.
Enroll by September 30, 2006 either online or by calling 1-800-227-7081. To enroll online or to see more information, visit http://www.americanexpress.com/deltadouble.
According to CardTrak, Carlson Hotels Worldwide and Bank of America have just launched a new affinity card, allowing cardholders to earn 2,000 bonus points for each stay at a Carlson hotel. The standard rate of earning is 3 points per dollar spent. These points can be redeemed for free hotel nights, which start at 15,000 points per night, or airline miles, merchandise and gift cards.
If you make your first purchase before July 31, 2006, you’ll earn a bonus of 20,000 points. If you wait until August 1, 2006 or later to make your first purchase, your bonus is 10,000 points. For further details, see http://www.goldpointsplus.com/.
Citi and AA have come up with another variation on their standard credit card offer:
- 20,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after $250 in purchases
- 5,000 additional AAdvantage bonus miles after your one-year anniversary
- No annual fee for the first 12 months
As usual, this offer is only good for new accounts. It is very similar to the one-day only deal offered during AA’s 25th anniversary, except that this deal requires that you keep the card a year (and pay the annual fee) to earn the last 5,000 miles.
This offer expires Nov 20, 2006. To learn more, visit www.miles5.citicards.com or call 1-888-FLY-4924.
Credit for this find goes to FT.
This offer was reported at FW. Card benefits include:
- Receive a $50 Statement Credit after qualifying transactions
- 0% introductory Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on balance transfers and cash advance checks for your first 12 billing cycles†
- Redeem your points for travel, merchandise, gift certificates, and cash
- Earn 1 point for every net retail purchase dollar
- Redemption levels start as low as 2,500 Points
- No annual fee
The offer may be available after you log out of your Bank of America online account. Alternatively, you can use this link.
The noteworthy aspect of this offer is the $50 statement credit. According to the fine print, the qualifying transaction you need for the $50 is simply any transaction within the first 45 days of opening the account.
The other benefits are standard for the card. The 0% balance transfer offer is not that attractive since it comes with a 3% fee that is uncapped. As such, this offer is primarily useful for someone who was already in the market for this card.
The offer for the Business version of the Citi PremierPass has been sweetened a bit, now giving 15,000 Thank You Points after first purchase, redeemable for a $150 gift card. Other features of this offer include:
- No annual fee for the 1st year, $75 after that
- 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months (0% does not apply to purchases or cash advances)
The usual features of the card apply:
- 3 points for every dollar you spend on eligible business purchases
- 1 point for airline tickets you buy, plus every mile you or your employees fly on any airline
- 1 point for every dollar you spend on purchases
- Redeem for travel on any airline, merchandise and gift cards
- No blackout dates
For more details or to apply, see this link.