For a limited time, the recently launched AirTran Airways A+ Rewards Credit Card is offering
2 round-trip flights one round-trip flight when you sign up for a new account. New cardholders will earn 32 bonus A+ Rewards credits (worth 2 round-trip flights) after spending $2,000 within the first 3 months of opening their account.
Update 12/10: The limited-time 2 round-trip offer has expired. You will now earn one round-trip flight after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account.
A+ Rewards Credits can be redeemed for flights on either AirTran Airways or Southwest Airlines. If redeemed on Southwest, 32 A+ Rewards Credits are also worth 2 Southwest flight awards.
The card’s benefits include:
- 2 Business Class upgrades after first purchase
- 2 A+ Rewards Credits every year after your Cardmember Anniversary
- 2 A+ Rewards Dollars per $1 spent on all AirTran Airways and Southwest Airlines purchases made directly with the airline
- 2 A+ Rewards Dollars per $1 spent on all A+ Rewards and Rapid Rewards® Hotel and Rental Car Partner purchases
- 1 A+ Rewards Dollar per $1 spent on all other purchases
For every 1,200 A+ Rewards Dollars, cardholders will receive one A+ Rewards credit toward a flight. 16 A+ Rewards credits are enough for 1 round-trip ticket on either AirTran or Southwest. This means that you’ll need to spend at most $19,200 on the card to earn a free flight. (Any spending on AirTran or Southwest would reduce that number.) That compares favorably with other airline credit cards, such as those offered by American, Delta and United, which typically require $25,000 in spending for a free flight.
In order to redeem A+ Rewards for Southwest Airlines flights, members must both have a Rapid Rewards and an A+ account and both accounts must be in the same name.
The card does carry an annual fee of $69.
Want to keep up with the latest credit card deals?
- Limited-Time Offer: The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® – 50,000 Bonus Miles After First Purchase - December 4, 2014
- Southwest Airlines Premier Credit Card – Get 2 Flights After Spending $2,000 in First 3 Months - February 28, 2013
- British Airways Visa: 100,000 BA Miles Signup Bonus + More - November 6, 2009