Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card: 80,000 Points Signup Bonus
Through August 31, 2015, you can earn 80,000 bonus Marriott points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of opening your Marriott Rewards Premier credit card. That’s significantly more than the 50,000 bonus points which is earned under the standard offer (after spending $1,000 in your first 3 months). Under the 80,000 bonus point offer, the annual fee of $85 is not waived.
The 80,000 bonus point offer is not necessarily the best one around, however. There is also currently a 70,000 bonus point offer available, which requires only $2,000 in spending in the first 3 months. In addition to requiring less spending, the 70,000 point offer waives the annual fee for the first year and earns you a free night stay e-certificate for a category 1-4 hotel after account approval.
Other than that, the 70,000 and 80,000 point promos offer the same benefits:
- 5 points per $1 spent at over 3,800 Marriott® locations, including exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®
- 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies and restaurants
- 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
- Earn Marriott Rewards Elite status faster
- 15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary
- Earn 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1 free night stay certificate, valid for a category 1-5 hotel, every year after your account anniversary
Standard awards at Marriott hotels start at 7,500 points for 1 free night at a Category 1 hotel up to 45,000 points for a free night at a Category 9 hotel. For Ritz-Carlton properties, standard rewards start at 30,000 points for a free night at a Tier 1 property, up to 70,000 for a free night at Tier 5 property.
When you redeem points for 4 nights, you’ll get the fifth night free. PointSaver awards also allow Marriott Rewards members to save up to 33% on point redemptions. For the full redemption schedule, see this page.
To apply for the card under either the 70,000 or 80,000 points offer, see the following links: