Platinum Card from Amex: 100,000 Membership Rewards Points After $3,000 in Spend
A rare public link is currently available for American Express‘ Platinum Card that offers a hefty 100,000 Membership Rewards points. In order to earn those points, you’ll need to spend $3,000 in your first 3 months. It’s basically the same Amex Platinum 100,000 point bonus deal that was seen last August.
While the card’s annual fee of $450 is not waived under this promo, the card does come with a number of nice perks that can help offset it.
Platinum Card features
Some of the key selling features of the Platinum card include:
- Airport lounge access — Cardmembers enjoy complimentary Priority Pass Select membership, which normally costs around $400, and offers access to over 800 airport lounges worldwide, including The Centurion Lounge, Delta Sky Clubs and Airspace Lounges.
- $200 airline fee credit per year — You can select a qualifying airline and then be reimbursed up to $200 per year when you charge incidental fees on your Platinum card. For frequent travelerse, this feature alone can compensate for much of the annual fee.
- Fee credit for global entry or TSA Pre✓
- Complimentary Starwood Gold status
- No foreign transaction fees
- …and more
See American Express for a full list of benefits.
What are 100,000 points worth?
At the minimum, you can get a value of 0.6 cents per point by redeeming your points towards your eligible charges. This means that the 100,000 points bonus is worth a minimum of $600. Your points can be redeemed at a much better rate, though. When you fully optimize your redemption, such as when transferring your points to airline/hotel partners while Amex is offering a transfer bonus, you can effectively get a value of up to a few cents per point or more.
For the frequent traveler, the Platinum Card offers quite a few nice benefits and with this lucrative bonus, makes an attractive choice.
Applying for the 100,000 point offer
Update: This offer now appears to be dead, as of May 10. Unfortunately, applying over the phone does not appear to work either.
To apply for this 100,000 point offer, see this link (via SD). Alternatively you can try calling in to 800-243-3888, mention that you want to apply for the Platinum card with the 100,000 points promotion and be sure to mention POID# BVGO:0009.
Note that the 100,000 point bonus is not available to applicants who have or have had this product in the past. However, if you’ve applied for the Ameriprise Platinum Card where the annual fee was waived for the first year, that is considered a different product, so you should still be eligible for this bonus.