While an 80,000 bonus point offer for the Priority Club Visa Card has reportedly been offered to some on a targeted basis, it now appears that this offer may now be publicly available.
80,000 bonus points is enough for between 2-8 free nights at an IHG hotel, or even more if you use them at participating PointBreak locations. For reward night redemption details, see this link.
The card also offers the following benefits:
- Free night every year at any IHG property
- 5 points per $ spent at any IHG property
- 2 points per $ spent on gas, groceries and dining
- 1 point per $ on everything else
- 10% points rebate on any award redemptions
- No foreign transaction fees
- Gold Elite status
In addition, the annual fee of $49 is waived for the first year.
Note: The application’s landing page makes no mention of the 80,000 bonus points, but several posters in the FT thread have already received confirmation emails after applying through the link that they would in fact receive their 80,000 point bonus after their first purchase.
Note 2: If you have applied for this card within the past 90 days under the 60,000 point offer (or even the default 30,000 point offer through Chase’s site), you can try asking Chase to bump you up to this offer. Log into your Chase account online and send a secure message saying that you saw an offer for 80,000 points. If you politely ask if the offer can be matched, in most cases Chase will grant the request, provided that you’re within the 90 day window.
Want to keep up with the latest credit card deals?
- Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card: 70,000 Bonus Points - October 24, 2011
- Marriott Rewards Visa: 25,000 Bonus Points Plus a Free Night Stay Certificate - May 29, 2008
- Chase Enhances Hyatt Card Benefits, Adds EMV Chip Technology - March 1, 2012