SPG Amex Matches Its Highest Ever Signup Bonus of 35,000 Starpoints
Starting today, through April 5, 2017, the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express is bringing back its highest ever sign up bonus of up to 35,000 Starpoints. That’s up from the 25,000 Starpoints usually offered for signing up.
Earning the bonus breaks down as follows: New cardmembers will earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months and they will earn an additional 10,000 bonus Starpoints after spending another $2,000 within the first 6 months.
For those unfamiliar with the card, see the following links:
As a quick summary of the card’s benefits:
- Earn up to 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG® hotels – that’s 2 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as a Card Member in addition to the 2 or 3 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as an SPG member
- Redeem Starpoints® for free nights at any of Starwood’s ten distinct brands
- Complimentary in-room, premium Internet access while staying with SPG® Participating Hotels
- No foreign transaction fees
- Starpoints can be redeemed for award nights starting at 2,000 points a night at more than 1,300 hotels in more than 100 countries
Note that the card carries a $95 annual fee, which is waived for the first year. Also, if you currently have the card or have had it in the past, you are not eligible to receive a new bonus. For bonus purposes, the Personal and Business versions are treated differently. So if you’ve only had the Personal version in the past, you would still be eligible to earn the sign-up bonus for the Business card and vice versa.
For more information or to apply for the current deal, see following links: